Sunday, September 11, 2016

Why I consider Code-V to be JPop not Kpop


If you read this blog for a while already, you might know that I really like the group Code-V a lot and count them to one of my favorite japanese boy groups. However if I tell people about it they pretty much always  answer that Code-V is not a japanese but a korean boy group.
On the one hand that is of course true, all the members are from south korea and they once released music in korea BUT on the other hand since they started to release cds in Japan they stopped their activities in Korea. To be honest they haven't been popular in korea, neither under the name Bless nor under their recent name. Their last korean release was a digital single at the end of August 2011. Soon after that, to be exact in december, they released their first single as well as their honesty album, in Japan. They gained way more attention in Japan what made them more popular then they have been in korea. From that moment on they released only japanese cds, they appear on japanese TV, talk a lot in Japanese and their twitter and instagram posts are mostly written in japanese. Because of all these reasons I consider them to be a jpop and not a kpop group. And to be honest I am very happy that they started to release in Japan because otherwise I guess I would never have gotten that much into them.

What do you think? Are they a JPop or KPop group?

3 comments:

  1. They're JPOP.. because they even stopped promotion in Korea for almost 6 years.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the comment and it's great to know other people think like that too! ^0^

      Delete
  2. Jpop. They remind me so much of Supernova (Choshinsung/Choshinsei), one of my favorite groups of all time. It's very unfortunate that groups like Supernova and Code-V are so underrated in Korea. But, it is what it is! I prefer the Japanese songs of both groups anyways! =D

    ReplyDelete