Friday, April 19, 2019

EBiDAN Ranking 2019

I first posted this on JPopAmino but decided to post it here as well.

Today I will do my personal ranking of all the active EBiDAN groups right now. I did that like two or three years ago and thought it’s time for a new one. I will not include Battle Boys because they are not an actual group and I won’t include Hongyo.jp because they will be disbanded soon. So let’s start!

12. ZeBRA☆STAR



Favorite Member: /

Favorite Song: Dancing! Dancing!

To be honest after Aruki left the group I stopped caring about them much. Since then there have been so much changes again. Three new members have been added, Knight is now a member of both ZeBRA☆STAR Black and Red, Kousei is now a Z☆S Black member and Kaito changed his name to only Kai. So much is going on.

I should really get on track with them again because I want to support all the EBiDAN groups and while I will always be sad over Aruki who left them I still want to give my best to support the remaining members.



11. Edamame Beans


Favorite Member: Keyon & Haruto

Favorite Song: Puzzle

They are so freakin cute and Keyon is such a brat being all loud and noisy but I love him for that. I like that they try to speak some English once in a while, like doing English introduction videos. That’s awesome.

As for their music I do like their songs but they still have to improve their singing skills a lot. However their dancing is pretty good already. I will enjoy watching them get better and grow up.



10. Sakura Shimeji


Favorite Member: Hyouga

Favorite Song: Ikujinashi

As for Sakura Shimeji I love both Gaku and Hyouga, they are so cute and I bet really nice and lovely too. However when it comes to their music, sometimes I feel like their voices are just to high for my taste. I do love some of their songs and I usually enjoy their concerts but out of EBiDAN they are probably the group I like the least songs of. Nevertheless I will keep supporting them because I love the members and there are songs I love.



9. Starmen KiDS


Favorite Member: Taisei

Favorite Song: STAR★MEN SUMMER DAYS!, Starmen Pirates

These little boys always surprise me with their music because I always expect childish songs that I am not much into but many of their songs turn out to be really addicting.

Also some of the members have been with EBiDAN for so long already, it’s crazy. Taisei, Rui and Taishi are in EBiDAN for around 6 years already, that’s nearly half their lives, since all three of them turn 13 years old this year. So crazy.

They still need more training but in these years they improved a lot and I am very much looking forward to watch them grow up into talented, handsome man.



8. EBiSSH


Favorite Member: Tetta



Favorite Song: Koi no Timing



It took really long until I started to like EBiSSH. I first checked them out when the “EBiDAN The Street” Groups have been featured in the EBiDAN magazine for the first time. They all looked so handsome but when I checked some fan recordings of some of their in-store lives, I felt like they lack too much vocal skills. I really didn’t enjoy their music at all. It took as long as their cd debut to get me interested in them again. I love “Koi no Timing” which is their debut song and when checking out their live again, I felt that they already improved. Until today they still have to improve their vocal skills but nowadays I do enjoy listening to Tettas voice a lot and Rei sounds so much better now too. I can really say that EBiSSH is a group that grew on me.



7. Satori Shonen Dan


Favorite Member: Eiku

Favorite Song: I wanna say...

They were the first “EBiDAN The Street” group I loved. Right from the start you got the feeling that these three boys are really talented. Eiku has a very beautiful voice and Hayato and Kenshin have always been amazing dancer. I still enjoy watching their old street lives on YouTube. Also because my favorite song of them still hasn’t been released on cd. I am seeing a bright future for Satori Shonen Dan.



6. M!LK


Favorite Member: Sano Hayato

Favorite Song: milky snow, Coffee ga Nomimasen

M!LK went through some major member changes last year and I think you can’t really compare the old M!LK with the new one. I do like both a lot though. I feel like even though the new members are younger, their music is much more mature now. However I do like the cute music they did before too. Listening to my favorite songs of them you will know for sure that I a really like their cute songs!

Despite their music I really like the members too. I know all of them since they were still trainees. Mizuki, Jinto and Daichi have already been a part of the trainees when I got really hard into EBiDAN. That makes them very special to me. However Sano is still my bias. He is so freakin adorable. And the new members are great too, Ryubi e.g. has always been a trainee I really liked, so I was happy he joined M!LK.



5. AMEZARI -RED STARS-


Favorite Member: Hibiki 

Favorite Song: With My Step

I liked them a lot even before I met them this year but after meeting them I started to love them SO much more. Before I mostly liked Hibiki but now I like all the members so much. They are so cute, nice and awesome and I hope they will get more and more popular and can reach their goals. What stands out most when it comes to them is their incredible dancing skills. I mean they are still pretty young but so freakin good dancer. As for their singing they still have to improve but there definitely is potential. I mean they don’t sound bad, especially Yori has such a nice voice, I was so supprised when I saw them live. The others have nice voices too but I think Yori has the most talent and the others just need more vocal training. However I do enjoy their music, not everything but a lot of their songs.



4. Super★Dragon


Favorite Member: Tsuyoshi

Favorite Song: Paya Paya

I saw them live three times already. Once in 2016 and twice this year. They are great dancer and I love the voices of Tsuyoshi and Hyoma a lot. Especially Tsuyoshi has such an extremely beautiful voice. But I also love the rap of Jean a lot and Koki and Tomoya doing pretty good with rapping too. Besides their performance I like the members a lot too. They are cute when interacting with each other. I absolutely recommend watching “Super Dragon TV” on YouTube, if you want to get more into them. Another thing I love about them is of course their music. I love their mix of rock, pop, EDM and rap music. They have so many freakin awesome songs!!



3. PRIZMAX

Favorite Member: Tsubasa

Favorite Song: Never, Three Things, Without You, Lonely Summer Days, Up > Up Beat, Fantasista, Mysterious Eyes, Orange Moon, Truth, HUG & KISS

I still remember when they were only three members and you could find so many fan recordings of them on YouTube. When they announced to debut in 2013, I got so excited and happy and I was also happy about Yuuki and Tsubasa joining the group. Since then they have released so many good songs. I love listening to their whole discography. There is not a single song of them I don’t like.

Something I like about their songs a lot is that they have a lot of English in their songs, this way it’s much easier for me to sing along with the songs and I absolutely love this.



2. Chotokkyu


Favorite Member: Takuya

Favorite Song: Gr8test Journey

Chotokkyu is probably the most well known group of EBiDAN and it’s no wonder. They are great dancer, their songs are freakin good and the members are lovely. Also their concerts are really fun to watch all the time. Besides all these reasons I like them for their great humor. One scene I can’t get over is Yusuke dressed as a girl saying „muri desu“ in the music video for „Tsundere Chibi Ouji“.


Thought this whole video is just so freakin hilarious!! I really love these guys a lot.




1. DISH//


Favorite Member: Daichi

Favorite Song: Honestly I cant choose one... but here is a few songs I would recommend listening to. Hareru YA!, Yume Tabi, Starting Over, Yay Natsuyasumi, Flame and The Phantom.

Still and probably always my favorite group is DISH//. Why you might think? The answer is easy, when it comes to DISH// I like everything. I am hugely addicted to their music, the members can be super weird but are freakin lovely and adorable too, their live performances are perfect (I actually saw them live twice, so I can tell for sure) and I love them deeply from the bottom of my heart!!


That was my ranking of the EBiDAN groups. I would love to get to know your ranking too!!

8 comments:

  1. Great post! I agree with a lot of what you said, especially about M!LK and Super Dragon

    I might do one too, but I still need to get to know some of the younger groups like Edamame Beans better first haha


    ☆☆ www.danseiidolgirl.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot for the comment and I would love to read about your ranking too! ^0^

      Delete
  2. I really like seeing posts about EBiDAN! I'll rank my favorites... kind of haha it's hard! I'm going to skip on EBiSSH and Satori because I really don't pay that close attention to them

    11. ZeBRA☆STAR- I feel a bit bad for them, I don't understand what they're doing always adding new members and stuff, I also don't understand why they put Night in both groups. Anyway my favorite members are Riki (because he seems do be doing well in acting) and Kanta (because I think he seems like a really talented kid in dancing and singing)

    10. Edamame Beans- I'm not really in to their music or their concept but they are really cute. My favorite member is Haruto.

    9. AMEZARI RED STARS- I actually like their songs but I'm not too sure about their singing. I don't pay too much attention to them but I would like to support them because I always like Kansai groups XD; My favorite members are Jay and Ando.

    8. Sakura Shimeji- Basically I agree with every single thing you said about them!

    7. ONE'N'ONLY- I'll rank them instead of their two groups. Their songs aren't my favorite but I like their cool image and I really like Naoya and Kohki.

    6. PRIZMAX- They're only so low because I am just getting in to them right now. I really like their songs and their dancing. My favorite member is also Tsubasa but I really like the new members they added (especially Fumi) and actually all their members in general.

    5. Starmen KiDS- I agree with you about their songs. I mean I don't exactly want to listen to kids singing over and over again but I think their songs are good. They're all just so cute! And I like them all pretty equally but Rikimaru really does the most lol

    4. M!LK- I don't care much for their songs really, they're just not something I want to listen to over and over again. I like a lot of the members though, Mizuki and Jinto are my favorites. Mizuki is actually the person who got me interested in EBiDAN!

    3. DISH//- I like their songs and I like all the members. Takumi is probably my favorite.

    2. Chotokkyu- I really like a lot of their songs and all the members and their concerts. My favorite member is Yuuki, in EBiDAN outside of Super Dragon Yuuki is my favorite person so...

    1. Super★Dragon- They're just my absolute favorites! I love almost all of their songs and I love watching their concerts and SupdraTV and AreaSD stuff and just EVERYTHING! Haha. My favorite is Jean and my second is Raku but I really like all of them. It's so cool you've seen them so many times! I'm a pretty new fan but I'm hoping to get to see them this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG thanks for your ranking!! It was an lovely one! I loved reading it.
      Are you going to Japan this year? I hope you can see them live too, they are amazing.

      Delete
    2. Every year I plan to go to Japan and every year stuff comes up and I end up cancelling my plans but this time I actually already bought the ticket for their Hibiya concert in September (I didn't think Lawson would take my credit card but then it did...) so I really should probably go ^.^;;

      Delete
    3. That's great to hear. I am really happy for you! Do you have any social media so I can follow your journey to Japan in september? I would love to. ^0^

      Delete
    4. My twitter is @machutus_ Hopfully I'll really be going haha

      Delete
    5. Thanks a lot I send you a request. I am looking forward to follow your journey in September.

      Delete