Monday, April 22, 2019

Fan Report: Takahashi Fu In-Store Mini Live + High-Touch + Talk Event

I first posted this on JPop Amino but decided to post it here as well, also I did change the text a little and added some more info.


On the March 19th 2019 I went to an mini live of Takahashi Fu. For everyone who doesn’t know him, he was a Johnny’s Jr. and after he left, a part of the group ANTIME (which is on hiatus at the moment).
On March 20th, so one day later, was the release of his 2nd mini album “Step”. Like many artists in Japan he hold many free mini lives around Japan to promote the cd.
Like I wrote before one of these were on the 19.03.2019 at the Tower Records in Shinjuku.

As you can see above the stage is always pretty small but since he is a solo artist it’s not too bad. However I want to talk about what you had to do first because it’s often similar and might help some people if they want to go to such an event and like me do only speak a little bit Japanese.

The event was scheduled to start at 19:00, however you needed to get a ticket first. To get a ticket you had to buy his new cd and depending on which version you got, you also received an extra ticket for a photo or for a high-touch and talk.

The awesome thing is that you could buy the cd before the actual release day and of course these extra tickets are awesome as well.

I bought both versions so I got a ticket for both, on the following picture is only the ticket for the priority entrance. I will show you what the other tickets looked like on another picture.


To be honest I first didn't found his cd in the store... thought it was actueally right in front of the cashier but because I didn't saw it I asked a girl standing in line and she showed me. 

We started to talk a little. She was a huge fan of Takahashi Fu and even bought him some kind of leisure suit as a present. She was really lovely and stayed with me a lot. 

Starting around 18:00 you could wait in line to get a numbered priority ticket, with the ticket you can see on the picture above. After we bought the cd's we looked up where the line is going to be but both of us were pretty confussed because we weren't sure where exactly it's going to be. 
However we finally found the spot and therefor were one of the firsts in line, thought there haven't been too many people who went to this event. Around 18:30 we went to draw a random numbered ticket, that showed the order in which we can enter the venue.


As you can see I got really lucky and drew number 9. So I was right at the front of the stage. We were allowed to enter the event space at 19:00. Before the event started I went around the Tower Records and looked up if I can find the EBiDAN corner and yay I found it. I bought the new DISH// live dvd as well a magazine called "MONOTONE CLASSY BOYS" (it's a special issue of BOYS FILE).

When the live started Takahashi Fu directly started to sing one of his songs. In total he performed 6 songs. In between and at the end he talked a little but not much. His performance was cute.

His voice is really pretty but sometimes he pushed his voice a little too hard. Also the music system wasn’t the best but I personally still really enjoyed his performance.

He was so cute and tried to have eye contact with all his fans. That made him even more lovable.

At the end he said thank you for supporting him, he even had some tears in his eyes.

Right after the live the photo part started. If you got a ticket you could take a picture of him. I think it’s weird that you could only take a picture of him and not with him. That’s what usually happens at events like these.

However it’s still a cute picture.


After this ended there was the talk and high-Touch event.

These feel so awkward to me all the time... but I guess that’s just me. I never know what to talk about and then my Japanese is pretty bad too...

However it was ok to talk in English, and basically I just told him that I like his voice and that he did well with performing. Then we did the high-touch and I left. Thought the high-touch was more like holding hands, which got me blushing and that made the situation even more akward. 

I actually had to leave in a hurry because I had to drive back to Narita to get the last shuttle bus of my hotel.

At least I want to say that this was a great experience. I love these small events because the fans are usually much more open. Quite a few people tried talking to me. It was lovely.

(Side Note: I have to study more Japanese...)

I also love to see how dedicated some of these fans are. The girl I met there was so excited about meeting Takahashi Fua and it's awesome she even bought him clothes as a present. She really was a cute person. All in one I am happy I went to this event, even thought it was kinde stressful for me because my hotel was so far away from Shinjuku but it was still worth it.

Also please support him if you can. His new mini album is available on iTunes as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment