Saturday, May 27, 2017

BOYS AND MEN Kenkyusei interview 26.03.2017 translation


Today I am sharing a translation with you. This translation is NOT done by me but by a lovely person that said I don't have to credit her. If you are a member of Amino Jpop you might know her. Her name is "でかい女94". She took the time to translate the above video. This translation is not 100% accurate because if she didn't understand something she just left it out but it still gives us a good overview over the members characters and shows a side of some of them you might didn't know. Let's start.




0:03
Interviewer:...are Boys and Men members from Nagoya? *This question got kind of cut.*
0:05
Terasaka Raiga: These four guys here in white...
0:07
Boys in white: Us! Yes, us four in white.
0:09
Terasaka Raiga: they are our Tokyo members.
0:13
With the exception of us on this side (points to members in colours), who are from Sanke.

*Note by me I will leave this out because I know the members with colors are from Nagoya and I am pretty sure he even says "nagoya member"... however it's really hard to understand because all of them are so loud. XD*

0:21
Interviewer: I would like to know each member's individual characters.
0:25
Members: Character?
0:27
Interviewer: So how about each member introduces the person next to them. Is it alright if everyone gives that a go?
0:32
Sato Takumi: This Kenkyusei (points to Urakami Takuya) is Urakami Takuya. He's from Kyoto.
0:39
Uragami Takuya: Yes, I am.
0:46-0:50
Sato Takumi: Amongst us, he is the member who uses Kansai dialect/Kyoto dialect the most.
0:50
Urakami Takuya: Yes, that's true.
0:51
Sato Takumi: He's a local member, basically (?)
0:53
Nonoda Kanade to Takuya (referring to when he said 'Yes, that's true'): Just now you sounded like you were lying.
1:01
Kitagawa Setsura : This is Sato Takumi. He's just ordinary.
1:05
Sato Takumi: I'm not ordinary! I'm a genius.
1:08
Kitagawa Setsura: He'a also kind.
1:11
Sato Takumi: Is there not anything else you can think of to describe me (?)
1:15
Kitagawa Setsura: But, I get a lot of energy from him. A lot.
1:17
Sato Takumi: Really?
1:18
Kitagawa Setsura: Yes.
1:19
Sato Takumi: Yay! Let's get along with each other.
*Everyone laughs*
1:24
Interviewer: Can you introduce Setsura kun please.
1:26
Takasaki Jukiya: Yes! Setsura kun is easy to read. He has that kind of presence.
*Everyone laughs*
1:32
Takasaki Jukiya: He always does his best even when he's in the back (?)
1:37
Interviewer: What do you mean by that?
1:39
Takasaki Jukiya: Well, since he is confident in dancing, he really does his best in it.
*Everyone laughs*
1:50
Kometani Kyosuke (points): This is Takasaki Jukiya.
1:52
Kometani Kyosuke: in the group he is the most like a little brother as he likes being close (?)
2:00
He's also really well-attuned to fads and trends.
2:01
Takasaki Jukiya (he agrees): Right?!
2:03
Kometani Kyosuke: Um, for example on his phone he has many apps, I wonder why he has some of them. In contrast, I'm like an old man and would like for him to teach me stuff (about trends).
2:15
Misumi Kazuki: I'll introduce Kometani Kyosuke. The other day he just turned 20. In Kenkyusei, we have young members, we are in our tens (?). However, amongst us, Kyosuke has an impactful face (note: I think he's trying to say he doesn't look as young as the others). He also exudes maturity.
2:47
Kanda Rikuto: First of all when it comes to Mika-chan (Misumi Kazuki), he is high in terms of femininity. Firstly, his face is cute and innocent.
2:55
Kanda Rikuto: He's like a female because there are many cute things about him.
2:59
Interviewer: Do you think you could show us your innocent face?
3:02
Misumi Kazuki: Hey Ri-kun!
3:05
*someone counts down*
3:09
*Everyone says 'cute' after he shows his innocent face*
3:14
Misumi Kazuki: Basically, I have a baby face.
3:16
Terasaka Raiga (points to Setsura): We also have someone who can't lose when it comes to baby faces.
3:19
Interviewer: Can you show us too?
3:24
Kitagawa Setsura: Please count down for me?
Sato Takumi: 3. 2. 1.
3:33
Nakahara Sota: He's not suited for it.
Kitagawa Setsura: I'm not (he is agreeing).
3:35
Nakahara Sota: Rikuto is really smart. He is the brain of the group.
3:42
Nakahara Sota: But he doesn't give the feeling of being smart.
3:48
Kanda Rikuto: Your're not supposed to be saying bad things about me (?).
3:50
Nakahara Sota: But honestly, he is good at numerical formulas.
4:04
Nonoda Kanade: Next, I'll be introducing Sota. Firstly! His appearance! He's handsome. His face is the face I like the most.
4:17
Nakahara Sota: Really?
4:18
Nonoda Kanade: Yeah. And the 2nd thing is that he is a really serious person. Amomgst Kenkyusei, he is the most motherly.
4:26
Nonoda Kanade: He takes care of us and is a reliable member.
4:31
Nakahara Sota: Thank you. I'm really happy.
4:32
Terasaka Raiga (to Kanade): You said some really nice things.
4:34
Nonoda Kanade: I still like his face the best though.
4:39
Terasaka Raiga: Kanade is a simple guy.
4:45
*Everyone agrees*
4:46
Terasaka Raiga: A very simple individual.
4:50
Terasaka Raiga: Usually on car journeys and trips, you will find that he is the first person to be fast asleep, like completely crashed out.
4:59
Terasaka Raiga: What I really like about Kanade kun is his smile. It's so uplifting.
5:11-5:16
Terasaka Raiga: He's energetic to the point he's like an energy drink.
5:26
Shimizu Takanori: Alright, let's continue. I'm going to introduce Terasaka Raiga.
5:29
Terasaka Raiga: I trust you alright.
5:31
Shimizu Takanori: Since he is our leader, he has a reliable presence. He can be awkward but he's not naive. I like that he does all things at once (?).
5:42
Shimizu Takanori: But he's indecisive.
*Everyone laughs*
5:45
Shimizu Takanori: For example, he spends 20 minutes just trying to decide what to put in his lunch box.
5:54
*Terasaka laughs*
5:56
Terasaka Raiga: This year I'll try to be more decisive (?).
6:06
Nonoda Kanade (trying to test Terasaka): Alright, who do you like between me and Taka?
6:08
*Terasaka looks conflicted*
*Everyone laughs*
6:12
Terasaka Raiga: Both of you.
6:14
Nonoda Kanade: That's the right answer.
6:19
Shimizu Takanori (points to the leader): That was our reliable leader.
6:23
Matsuoka Kennosuke: Shimizu Takanori san is good at singing, dancing and cooking. He's sexy, and talented. Shimizu Takanori san is perfect!
6:39
Shimizu Takanori to Kennosuke: You're hopeless! So hopeless!
6:42
Matsuoka Kennosuke: Takanori san is not good with his words (?), but he's perfect regardless. I really admire him.
6:49
Shimizu Takanori: Thank you...I guess.
6:51
Interviewer: Just now I heard him say you can cook.
6:54
Shimizu Takanori: Yes I can. I have a chef license.
6:56
*Everyone claps and says his food is tasty*
7:06
Shimizu Takanori (asks Kennosuke): What do you want me to cook for you (?)
7:08
Matsuoka Kennosuke: Seafood...
7:09
Shimizu Takanori: No! Seafood is a bit...
7:12
Sato Takumi: Your risotto is good (?)
*Everyone agrees on risotto* (?)
7:15
Yokoyama Toy: I'll introduce Matsuoka Kennosuke. This kid is lively whenever and wherever. Like an explosion/explosive bomb.
7:23
Yokoyama Toy: He's a good kid.
7:25
Yokoyama Toy: Actually he is the type to feel lonely so he makes us concerned once in a while. Right? (?)
7:30
Yokoyama Toy asks Kennosuke: You won't feel lonely right? (?)
7:31
Matsuoka Kennosuke: Huh?
7:42
Uragami Takuya: I'll introduce Yokoyama Toy kun. He is a first year in high school but he gives the image of 'The DK' (sorry I don't know what that is).
Everyone agrees.
7:57
Uragami Takuya: Compared to everyone else he takes time on his hair. Like today, you can see it looks similar to a bamboo rake.
8:03
Sato Takumi: That's not a compliment.
8:08
Uragami Takuya: His charm is that he can't express himself with words so he writes blogs. Please do read his blogs.
End.

That's it! If you want to add anything or correct anything, please write a comment.
Once again thanks A LOT to the translator.  ^0^

No comments:

Post a Comment