Sunday, January 24, 2016

{A 1st Impression of} Hikaru Genji



So guys just three days ago I listend to my first ever Hikaru Genji (光GENJI) song sung by themself (because sometimes you hear songs of them being covered by Juniors or other bands of JE). This band debuted in 1987 with the song STAR LIGHT. They were one of the most popular Johnny's Entertainment bands, even though they only lasted for around 8 years. In 1994 two members left the band only one year later they completely disbanded. Within this one year the band changed their name to Hikaru Genji Super 5. However this is just a first impression and I don't know them very well so far anyway, so let's move on to the music.

Actuelly the songs I personally like the most so far are their 4 first released singels. STAR LIGHT, Garasu no Jidai, Paradise Ginga and Diamond Hurricane. Here they are.





I love these songs but of course I didn't listen to that many songs of them so far. To get to know their music a little more and to be able to listen to these 4 songs more, I already ordered an album of them. I am very much looking forward to recieve it and I will do a little review about it when I got it.

Oh my gosh, I had to laugh at this picture so much. Their clothes! XDDDDDD
But well it's the '80s early '90s, so I guess it can't be helped! XP


How do you like them?

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment