Sunday, January 31, 2016

{A 1st Impression of} 龍雅 -Ryoga-


Ryoga will have their debut in april with the single "Live For You". The group consists of Yuta the vocalist, Takuya a back-vocalist and rapper and three dancer. I got to know them because of Reo who was a former member of Vimclip (and I LOVE Vimclip but they already disbanded). Then I saw that Takuya is in the band as well and I got even more excited, he was a member of the already disbanded band Cocoa Otoko (that I LOVE as well). With these two in the band I couldn't overlook them. So far they did performances of both songs that will be released on their debut cd. The songs are called "Live For You" and "Glory Days". Here is a performance they did.


Sadly I have to say I don't like Glory Days. I am not a fan of the heavy autotune Yuta uses. At the show Danzen Live you can hear that Yuta actuelly has a nice voice, not the most perfect and I think it lacks some power but much better then with this autotune sound. Despite his voice I just think this song isn't something memorable or catchy or anything. Well I just don't like it. As for Live For You I like it more. There is still the autotune but the song itself is more interessting, it's more ctachy.Then I also like the rap of Takuya in it.
So all in one I don't really know what to think about them. I don't see them getting very popular if their following releases will be as boring as this one. I know this is really harsh but with this release they don't stand out at least a little. I mean they have Takuya and Reo, who bring some fans with them but I think that's not enough. Then there is Goro who is know because of the dance battles he won prices at but again I don't think that's enough. Maybe their 2nd single will be totaly different, hopefully in a good way, but let's not talk about this one too much, since they haven't even released their first one. I am looking forward how they will do with the first single and to honest I pre-ordered it myslef but only because I like Reo and Takuya so much and thought I want to support them even thouh I don't like the music so much.

What do you think about them?

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment